SUNRISE & CHAMPAGNE
An epic Snowdonia adventure with two exciting twists: Hiking in the dark… and Champagne!
Be prepared for a very early start. So early, it’s still dark. This adventure involves climbing a mountain to catch the sunrise at its very birth, over our very beautiful Planet Earth. This is a spectacular and very special experience… and something truly different, even for experienced hillwalkers. Test yourself in the dark – you’ll be amazed!
You’ll need your sense of adventure and sheer determination as we scale the mountain. Our expert instructors and bright headtorches will guide you to the top, keeping you safe along the way… Their big heavy looking rucksacks also contain celebratory Champagne and succulent strawberries. Enjoy the fizz as you watch the sunrise over Snowdonia and see the stunning views come to life. You will never forget your early morning on the mountain.
This is a breakfast you’ll never forget!
Climb your way across the country to get to the land of Dragons and ARAFs. Our glamping site team will make you feel welcome and if you fancy a tongue twisting lesson and a laugh you can try out your Welsh on them. Settle into your spacious bell tent and rest your head in a comfy bed, we suggest an early night due to start time.
We will start VERY early – It WILL be dark. However, don’t let this put you off all of leaders are experienced and highly qualified and are just as good in the dark as they are in daylight! Our aim is to be on the summit pouring a small glass of bubbles as the sun comes up and serving fresh strawberries for breakfast. (We will have left the hotel well before the coffee is being brewed!)
You should be off the hill by lunchtime and there are plenty of lovely cafes and eateries we can recommend. Reward yourself with your favourite fry up or smoked salmon bagels!
- Champagne and strawberries!
- 1 night Glamping if booked at checkout
- Qualified friendly Instructors
- Breakfast bars and some hot coffee on the hill
- Safety gear
- Head torches and spare batteries
- An exact named summit, as we need some flexibility to give you the best experience.
- Travel insurance – Activity Insurance is!
- Transport to Snowdonia
- Lunch, other snacks and drinks.
- More alcohol. please understand we will not accept anyone drunk or hungover.
- Glamping in our lovely bell tents – each tent sleeps 4 in futon style beds with proper bedding.
- Please be aware in high Summer we will be heading off to the mountain around 02:00!
- Maximum of 10
- Smaller or specific route requests can be catered to for a more personal feel.
- Bigger groups can also be arranged but we will like to minimise environmental impact on our beautiful venues. This may involve more than one team taking different routes and meeting up in the middle. See our Challenges for corporate event ideas.
- Some proper walking boots please, no trainers or Timberlands and Ugg boots! The better the boots, the better your journey will be.
- Lots of layers for the Welsh weather; from hot sun to wintery winds and rain in a day!
- Waterproofs, hats and gloves.
- A 30 litre rucksack to carry your bits and the gear we give you.
- You can get our trip packing list below.
The weather is highly changeable in the mountains so we advise you to pack everything listed on the kit list – you could be walking in a t-shirt and an hour later need a full fleece and waterproofs. Your guide will let you know pre-departure if the weather conditions are particularly extreme but as this trip is in the summer months, you should expect a mix of sun, rain and wind.
- We only include the ‘Mountain Champagne Breakfast’
- There is a range of fabulous local eateries for you to try. Please tell us pre-departure of any dietary requirements and we can try and advise.
It’s classed as Warming Up. Climbing is not an easy activity, if you are a regular mountain walker, you’ll find this a fun and more interesting way to get to the top! Being balanced and sure on your feet helps and be ready to push your comfort zone to the max!
Get started with a number of options to help you get the perfect adventure